Ask Not Amiss
Dear Elders and Sisters:
Asking amiss is to ask things we ought not to ask
for. I know you don't do this as
missionaries. If you will follow the
spirit in your prayers and pray for those things the "spirit teacheth"
you to pray for, you will not be "asking amiss". I know, in accordance with the spirit, that
praying to find families to teach is a good thing and is in alignment with the
Lord's will. What I promise you is that
if you will pray for families to teach the quality of your teaching pools will
go up and you will find families to teach as well as people who are family
oriented. This will bless the work at a
time that He is hastening His work.
"Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him
that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will
lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my
righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and
mine everlasting God." (2 Nephi 4:35
Two of our Elders in the Hanford Zone were praying for a
family to teach. They are a testimony of
following the Spirit in their prayers.
Last week the family Baeza was baptized - a family of 7. What a wonderful blessing for that family and
what a great work to be involved in for these missionaries. "How great shall be [their] joy!"
My prompting today is to encourage you to pray diligently
for families to teach and I promise you as you do, the Lord will place the
opportunity to do so in your life. I know
that asking for this blessing is in accordance with His will and
Hastening.
We love and pray for you and look forward to learning
with you in Specialized Training this week.
It will be inspirational, instructional, and life changing. I promise you this will be the case as you
come prepared to receive.
With much love and appreciation for all you do to
participate with Him in the Hasting of His work,
President Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment