Your Purpose as a
Missionary
Dear Elders and Sisters:
For the past two weeks I have been studying Preach My
Gospel Chapter 1. I love this chapter! It inspires me! Last week I noted to you that I felt it was
instructive that the very first paragraph was about finding people to
teacher. And we all know that
"nothing happens in Missionary Work until you find someone to
teach!" I consider that thought is
my 3 second lead in. So in the spirit of
3:30:3 and assuming you want more based on my 3 second offering, allow me to
offer my 30 second message to you about your purpose as a Missionary. It goes as follows (all quoted from PMG
Chapter 1):
"As an authorized representative of Jesus Christ,
you can teach people with power and authority that ‘redemption cometh in and
through the Holy Messiah,’ and that no one ‘can dwell in the presence of God,
save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah’ (2 Nephi
2:6, 8).”
"You are called to represent Jesus Christ in helping
people become clean from their sins. You do this by inviting them to come unto
Jesus Christ and become converted to His restored gospel.”
"Spiritual power is a gift that makes it possible
for you to do your work more effectively.”
"Baptizing and confirming the people you teach is
central to your purpose.”
"Your success as a missionary is measured primarily
by your commitment to find, teach, baptize, and confirm people and to help them
become faithful members of the Church who enjoy the presence of the Holy
Ghost."
I trust my 30 second message has created great interest
in you. If so, please prepare to receive
the 30 minute version in Specialized Training.
Your assignment in order to be prepared to "receive" is as
follows:
Please review during your ASKS Time or Study time the
following;
1. PMG Chapter 1, the section on "A Successful
Missionary", and memorize the first paragraph - "Your success as a
missionary....."
2. PMG Chapter 10, How to Begin Teaching - Please
memorize the HTBT bullet points!
I offer my testimony that your ability to represent the
Savior Jesus Christ will be manifest in great power as you live in exact
obedience and work in all faith and great diligence to fulfill your Missionary
Purpose. I know this to be true with
every fiber of my being!
With great love and anticipation of the wonderful vista
to be experienced from higher ground,
President Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment