Monday, December 12, 2016

PRESIDENT'S WEEKLY - ARISE AND STAND FORTH!

Arise and Stand Forth!

Dear Elders and Sisters:

"Arise and stand forth!"  Was the command of the angel to Alma the Younger.  I have always been intrigued by this language for what it lead to - a mighty change of heart in Alma through repentance and then a mighty change in the hearts of so many others as a result of what Alma went forth to "do".  Aaah, there's that word again - "Do"! 

I have enjoyed what many of you have shared with me as a start to your Mission Vision Statements this week in your letters.  You have a good start on this but at this point only a start.  You will need to really invest in this. It will take some mental, emotional, and spiritual investment to build a Mission Vision Statement that will truly help you "Arise and Stand Forth!"  Again, I think if you use the context of what you would want others to say about you if you were all of the sudden not here, it will help you.  Some of you have chosen to have that be a very short conversation based on setting forth only one Vision item or "target". If it were the talk at your funeral, it would only be a 2 minute talk.  Don't you want more?  Don't you want to be well rounded, multi-talented and faceted as a Missionary?  Don't you want to be the one who develops his/her talents into many talents so that the Lord will be "well pleased" with you?  I know you do and simply encourage you to work at this.  It will be work that is worth it!

What follows is a lengthy, yet inspiring letter known as the Ricciardi Letter.  Please print it out (one of you should print it out without my letter as a header) as I am assigning this to be the topic of your personal study on Wednesday morning.  While some of the approaches might be outdated and some of the rules changed (I don't want anyone getting up at 4:30 until after their mission), I think it is wonderfully inspiring and instructive.  It motivates me to "Arise and Stand Forth!" To do a more marvelous work and a wonder!  I hope it will do the same for you.  I especially hope more than anything that as you read it you will make the determination to have this Mission be the one Mission that doesn't fall prey to the axiom of 20/80 or STP (Same Twenty People) baptizing.  This is the virtue in the Power of One.  Let's be the Misison that "Accomplishes" this!!!!!

With much love and many prayers for success in living your Missionary Purpose!

President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment