We Serve at His Side!
Dear Elders and Sisters:
Last week Sister Clark and I were privileged to be in a
Stake Conference with Elder Bednar.
Among the many wonderful things he said and taught, my ear and heart
were especially caught by these words: "The Father and the Son know you
and have a plan that is designed to bring you home to them. They will seek you out!" What comforting words spoken by an Apostle of
the Lord Jesus Christ!
The Pre-Mortal Messiah said: For thus saith the Lord God;
Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out. As a shepherd
seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered;
so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they
have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day. I will seek that which was
lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which
was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick:" (Ezekiel
34:11,12,16)
In the Meridian of time He said: For the Son of man is come
to seek and to save that which was lost." (Luke 19:10) He also said: "For I came down from heaven, not to do
mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. This is the Father’s will
which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing,
but should raise it up again at the last day." (John 6:38,39)
And through modern day revelation the Resurrected Savior
said: "But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyes are upon
you. I am in your midst and ye cannot see me;" (D&C 38:7)
I love these descriptions of His mission by Him! They are powerful reminders of how intensely
involved in saving us He is. It is His
work and glory! It is all He does! And what a glorious time to be serving, even
in the "cloudy and dark day", to assist him in this great work!
In Jacob 5, the Allegory of the Olive Tree, we read:
"And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights;
and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the
commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things." (Jacob 5:72)
May we ever be mindful of who's work it is we are doing
and that we serve at His side! I have
felt His presence in this great work and know these things to be true. He will seek and search ALL of His scattered
sheep! He will find "that which is
lost, bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was
broken, and strengthen that which was sick." I know this includes you and me and bear my
witness of Him and HIs work to be divine and eternally rewarding. Thank you for serving so diligently along the
side of the Savior! I know He knows and
loves you!
With much love and enthusiasm for the great missionaries
you are,
President Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment