Monday, November 2, 2015

PRESIDENT'S WEEKLY - FAITH TO DEFY THE ODDS

Faith to Defy the Odds

Dear Elders and Sisters:

I can't tell you how excited I am for what lies ahead of us.  This is going to be such a defining period in the Great CFM over the next few months and my experience with defining moments is they require great faith to defy the odds and change the practices of the past. 

As we approach these last two months of this year, which will also be a great launching pad for next year, I am excited that we are in this position and the Lord has provided this opportunity for us to define our faith, prove our skills, and demonstrate our willingness to do all that is necessary to achieve an inspired goal.  I feel such a powerful spirit "brooding" over this mission as we approach this very special time.  I feel your commitment to this work as I read your letters and so very many of you are receiving revelation and making commitments to be exactly obedient and many other things to better fulfill your Missionary Purpose.  I am just so impressed by your dedication to excellence and am sincerely excited to walk this path, across the Red Sea of 1,000 Baptisms, with you during November and December.  This is truly going to be a November and December to remember!

I get excited about reading your letters each week but this week I am particularly excited to do so as you share your feelings, thoughts, impressions, and discoveries you have made as you fasted to know how to better fulfill your Missionary Purpose.  Again, I feel this powerful spirit brooding and hovering over our mission and know we are about to witness an outpouring of miracles like never before seen as we commit to do things differently, become better at many things, do more of specific things, and lay down weapons of rebellion that impede the work.

Sister Clark and I have just returned from our Mission Presidents' Seminar.  What a wonderful week to be with three members of the 1st Quorum of the Seventy, 35 other Mission Presidents and their wives, and 18 Area Seventies.  It was truly a revelatory experience and we have received much we will be doing differently, become better at, do more of, and have some weapons of rebellion we will be laying down in order to better lead and bless this great mission. Many of these will be shared at Zone Conference but I will share now the strong impressions we have received to focus more on Finding and do a better job of setting and sharing our expectations with our new missionaries as they arrive.  We were also chastised by the spirit that we need to do a much, much better job at our companion studies.  We will lay down this weapon of rebellion and make meaningful changes in our companionship studies.  How about you and your companion?

Sister Clark and I hope you have a wonderful Preparation Day!  While you didn't know we were away, we missed you and are so grateful to be back.  We know we belong here, with you, now to participate in the incredible miracles about to unfold as the Lord hastens His work in the great California Fresno Mission. 

With all my love and respect,

President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment