Monday, January 4, 2016

PRESIDENT'S WEEKLY - It’s Going to be A Remarkable Year!

It’s Going to be A Remarkable Year!

Dear Sisters and Elders:

Happy New Year!  And what a New Year it will be!  Frist I want to share how grateful I am for the rich blessings of the year that is behind us.  We witnessed many miracles - miracles of personal growth and conversion, Missionaries, Investigators and Members alike!  We were blessed to be part of a Mission split, Mission tours by General Authorities, and to receive so many new, well prepared Missionaries to serve here in the great CFM.  I think most of all, we were blessed to participate with the Lord in the hastening of His work.  I am truly grateful that He allows us to participate and points the way of how to do so.  This will be the theme that ties the two years together - 2015 and 2016.

On Friday, January 1, 2016 we held our MLC (Mission Leadership Council).  It was by no coincidence it was on the very first day of the new year as we wanted to spare no time in coming to understand and setting our course and goals for the new year.  Sister Clark and I convened with our Assistants, Zone and Sister Training Leaders and sought the Lord's direction on what we might do differently, more of, or become better at and what weapons of rebellion we must lay down in order to better participate with the Lord as He hastens His work!  Great revelation was received and here below I will share what that direction is.

But first may I take just a moment to share with you how grateful I am for the Zone and Sister Training Leaders who sit on the Mission Leadership Council.  They are so diligent, have such great faith, and have sincere desires to live their Missionary Purpose and love and serve you.  They are so well converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ and so willing to do all that He has commanded in order to be successful Missionaries.  Sister Clark and I truly appreciate them and are honored by their dedicated, selfless service. 

And while I am on the topic of great leadership, may I compliment each of you for your great leadership of your areas.  Leading an area is such an important part of a call to serve. While it is inherent in being a missionary, one of the marks of a great mission are Missionaries who rise up to this call and live their Missionary Purpose by leading their area.  Thank you to all of you for being such great leaders! 

We emerged from our MLC with a strong conviction that our theme for 2016 should be: To better participate and keep pace with the Lord in the hastening of His work!  We will do this by better living and fulfilling our Missionary Purpose.  This we will do by finding more through Talking with Ten and Opening our Mouths.  We will work harder to be more Complete Missionaries, to love and live our Mission Culture, and to be Master Planners, Finders, and Teachers.  And we will strive to work better through the Lord's Vision and achieve the Power of One!  As we strive to reach the Standards of Excellence each and every week, the Lord will bless us through our faith, diligence, and Exact Obedience to better participate and keep pace with Him as He hastens His work!  And may I just add here what a strong conviction I have that Exact Obedience will be a most important component of whether we will more fully participate and keep pace with the Lord’s hastening.  We must seek with great desires this rich blessing He offers us to participate with Him in the hastening!

On a final note, under the doctrine of IWADWWADWAGWWAG and in conjunction with training and direction we've received from Elder Oaks and the Missionary Executive Council, we want to emphasize Baptism for a remission of sin and better teach the concept of repentance.  Going forward, we want to emphasize that as missionaries we:  "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts!"  To only say we Baptize leaves behind a significant part of the doctrine of Baptism for a remission of sin.  So henceforth and forever more we shall state our Purpose and then say: "And in the California Fresno Mission we (all together now) Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts!"  I believe you will hear more on this in a worldwide training for Missionaries to be held on January 20th at 9:00 am.  I will let you know next week where you will congregate.

Well, it's been a great start to the New Year already and I couldn't be more excited to be here with you, now.  It’s Going to be A Remarkable Year! 

We love you and love serving Him with you!

President Clark


PS  Please study PMG Chapter 9 in your ASKS time.

No comments:

Post a Comment