To The Rescue!
Dear Elders and Sisters:
As a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of
Latter-Day Saints, my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by
helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His
Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost and
enduring to the end! And in the California
Fresno Mission we: 'Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts!'
Now this account from Elders Checketts and Harolds:
"“There's a sister in our ward named _______. She's been completely
inactive for several years. In fact, she attempted to remove her name from the
church records at one point. We put her on our scripture-of-the day text out
group a few months ago and have fired away each day since. She never responded
or acknowledged that she was receiving them. But this week she texted back and
said something like, "Thanks. I really needed that today." Oh wow!
She's been reading them?!?! Long story short, we started a texting conversation
with her and got her to agree to a meeting. We had an amazing visit and she
shed many tears. This Sunday she CAME TO CHURCH!! Brother Perez, our 2nd
counselor, was shocked. Later on that evening at a ward potluck, he showed us a
post she had made on Facebook. This is what it said: "Today was the first
day back to church for me & I left feeling super uplifted. I am so excited to
begin this year with a positive outlook and to see what 2016 has in store for
me!!!! :)" Inactive rescues are just as important to the Lord as
new-member converts! We're excited to continue meeting with her and hope and
pray that her non-member friends and family will come along with her!”
What do these two have to do with one another? It's about rescuing! Either Pre-Mortal Day Saints or Latter-Day
Saints! I don't know if this
"rescue" cited above will lead to baptisms, but it may. But I do know that as you serve with an eye
focused on your purpose and work through the Lord's Vision (which is the
abbreviated way of describing how we work with/through Members) it will
increase and enhance your opportunity and likelihood of baptizing converts into
Latter-Day Saints and/or rescuing those who are already Latter-Day Saints back
into activity and full blessings of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Thank you for being such great leaders of your
areas! Thank you for serving "As
for Years!" As I read your letters
I am so inspired by your faith, diligence, obedience, and willingness to do all
that is necessary and appropriate to live your Missionary Purpose. I think of the words of our Prophet: "I
just want the Lord to know if He wants something done, He can count on Tommy
Monson to do it!" What do you think
will happen to change your attitude to become like that of the Prophet's after
two years or eighteen months of saying; "What will You have me do Lord to
bless these people?" and then Go and Do, Go and Act in an inspired way to
bless lives and seek to rescue them into full faith and fellowship into the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!
Sister Clark and I love being anxiously engaged with you
in this great rescue under the hastening of His work!
Love,
President
Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment