Monday, February 22, 2016

PRESIDENT'S WEEKLY - The Divine Design of Transfers

The Divine Design of Transfers

Dear Elders and Sisters:

I want to share my testimony of Transfer Boards with you. I want you to know that the Lord is in charge.  Every time we go about this work, I am reminded of how well He knows each of you and how involved He is in the details of your life, including and especially in this case, where you serve and who you serve with.  And while I know you feel the same and go into each transfer with a renewed energy and commitment to the work, please understand there is often a bigger purpose and plan in motion that could take years, even decades to unfold.  I promise you there is divine design in all transfers and that the Lord is in charge of the California Fresno Mission Transfer Board.

I was impressed by this during this Transfer Board when it came to me, 37 years since serving with a particular companion in a particular area in Spain, a blessing emanating from that time and place I had not been able to inventory and recognize until now.  Something that I was taught then that I drew upon now to guide and direct and bless this work.  Oh how sweet it is to be in His employ!  And how "wondrous and great" are His ways and how good and kind He is with all of His children! 

So whether you are staying in your area or leaving, getting a new companion or remaining together, please know that the Lord has purpose in all He does and that your part is important, valuable, and necessary right down to where you are now and who you are with.  And with that conviction, go forward and find, teach repentance, and baptize converts!  What a great day to be a Missionary in the California Fresno Mission!

We bid farewell to Sister Smith and Elders McGovern, Ayala, and Ballard!  They have definitely served with No Regrets!  Elders and Sister, adieu!

With much love and high anticipation for the work you are about,

President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment