Monday, April 4, 2016

PRESIDENT'S WEEKLY - Seek to Know Who


Seek to Know Who

I have heard such great feedback from all of you in regards to our recent Specialized Training - "A Matter of a Few Degrees".  You seem to have quickly identified, with the help of the spirit, those few adjustments necessary in your personal ministry, companionships, and area which will serve to bless the work through more exact obedience, a more diligent effort, and more positive energy and desire.  Thank you!  Thank you for coming in great humility to receive and having "ears to hear, eyes to see, and hearts prepared to receive."  What a great blessing is distilling upon this mission as a result.

I have been studying, pondering, and praying to know what course corrections we need to make in order to better fulfill our Missionary Purpose as manifested by the number of companionships that baptize each month.  In any given month, only about one-fourth (25%) of our companionships baptize.  Considering this "pace" against our sincere desires and strong commitments to assist our assigned Branches and Wards reach their goals, I am prompted that this is an area that needs some course correction.  

I have sought the will of the Lord in earnest as I have reviewed great trainings like the Worldwide Training - Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts, several trainings on working with Ward Members, WMLs, and Ward Councils, District 1 and 2 dvds, and General Authority talks on the Work of Salvation through Member and Missionary work. We simply must see more companionships baptize to see more Ward Councils reach their inspired goals for baptisms!

As we convened in MLC on Friday I was prayerful that the answer might come from our great Zone and Sister Training Leaders.  As we considered the gospel in our study, taught and trained under the direction of the spirit, offered our accounting before the Lord, and counseled together, I was blessed to receive as a council the answer was witnessed to us. WE NEED TO be more inspired, better plan, and CAREFULLY CONSIDER WHICH MEMBERS WE ARE SPENDING OUR TIME WITH TO FIND!  It is the teaching of King Saul - it is a spiritual work and must be done in the Lord's way!  Just as we are going to ask them to spiritually consider "who?", we must spiritually consider and know which of the Members we should be asking the "who" question to. 

In regards to the pools/ponds/streams we are fishing from, we need to know spiritually where to go, who to be with, and when to be there.  To this end, I invite you to join with me in a Mission-wide fast this upcoming Sunday to know what course corrections we must make in order that this work becomes a more spiritual work, better aligned with His will and way.  I promise as we seek to know and come to understand and then go and do this great work in the manner He prescribes and desires, we will find greater success as we seek to find His prepared children - whether through knowing which Members to be with or where to be finding on our own.  We must allow Him to guide us to where His children are who are prepared to receive the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Just as the Savior demonstrated to Peter and His Apostles, He knows where the fish are and can always provide fish! We simply need to "Seek to Know Who" (the equivalent of following His direction to "cast [our] nets on the right side of the boat") and then be willing to "Go and Do" what He directs. 

Sister Clark and I love you and send our hope, our prayers, our care and concern!
With much love,
President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment