Monday, April 11, 2016

PRESIDENT'S WEEKLY - United Faith in Fasting

United Faith in Fasting

Dear Elders and Sisters:

What a wonderful blessing to unite together in prayer and fasting.  Thank you for exercising your agency and for your spiritual investment into this great work and Mission.  I was truly blessed with some wonderful revelation as I am sure you were as well.  As a mission, I encourage you to do two things: 

1. Please continue to make those small course corrections required in order to be exactly on course with the Lord, doing His work HIs way.  More than anything, my fast revealed we are headed in the right direction.  This mission is becoming a mission that finds through Members and finds on our own and I love the results both yield. I have a firm testimony this is what the Lord wants.  It is what was taught to us by the Brethren and so I thank you for following. I have enjoyed reading your letters as many of you have shared your revelatory experiences of what to correct ("A Matter of a Few Degrees") and how you've already seen the blessings flow.  Being one with the Father in HIs work is the example of the perfect Son.  We will follow!

2. A second thing that was revealed to me in our fast is that in order to do a better job being with the right members, we need to limit the times we eat with any one family to once a month.  With few exceptions, each Unit has many families, active or less active, who can feed the missionaries and we need to endeavor (through the MCM) to be able to be with many of them to get to know them and do our DWM.  This will bless us.  It's not the eating that is important (this from a person who really loves to eat) but it is the time with the Members and the opportunity to  get to know all of the Members.  This will be relaxed for the smaller units that have fewer Members willing/available to feed the Missionaries.  I will leave this to the discretion of the District Leaders.  But aside from those few, special cases, spread yourself around.  Be with more Members.  Let there be some pressure on the Units to assist in this.  IWADWWADWAGWWAG.  This needs to be different to get a different result!

We bid our fond farewell to Elders Daley, Leyva, Williams, and Winterton, and Sisters Campos, Cantrell, Lewis, and Priestley.  Thank you for your wonderful service and excellent examples.  You have served with No Regrets!  Elders and Sisters, adieu!

Sister Clark and I love you, pray for you, love serving with you and appreciate the great honor you make it for us to do so by your excellent service and the great way you live and fulfill your missionary purpose!

With much love,

President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment