Monday, May 9, 2016

PRESIDENT'S WEEKLY - Set Goals, Make Plans

Set Goals, Make Plans

Dear Elders and Sisters:

I begin by complimenting the leadership of this great mission.  A few weeks ago we were blessed to be in our District Leader Training and at the end I felt impressed to challenge your District Leaders to get on their knees and seek to know what the Lord would have them do differently to lead their respective Districts - a form of "What Lack I Yet?" for Districts.  They have shared their revelatory experiences with me in their letters last week and I just want to bear witness to you that your District Leaders are called of God and are inspired by God to teach, lead, and guide the Districts in this mission.  They have my full faith and confidence and I trust you feel blessed by their love and leadership.

Then on May 3rd, as we returned from our Mission President's Seminar, we held Mission Leadership Council (MLC) and what a wonderfully revelatory experience we were blessed with there.  I am grateful for your Zone and Sister Training Leaders for their dedicated and inspired leadership of this Mission.  I felt guided to pose the question "why isn't the great CFM (a very obedient and hard-working mission) baptizing more?"  We approached this meeting in the spirit of fasting and prayer and enjoyed a wonderful revelatory experience.  We were taught that while it is very important to support our Unit's goals for baptism, at the same time we need to have a Zone Goal each month that helps us be accountable to Mission Leadership for baptismal goals.  Baptisms really are the barometer and measurement of missionaries fulfilling their purpose. 

Achieving our Unit goals was analogized to eating an elephant.  How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time!  Well, how do you accomplish a Unit's baptismal goal?  One baptism at a time!  It was made clear to us by the Lord that the best way for the CFM to support, sustain, and achieve our respective Unit goals for baptism (to eat the elephant) is to receive revelation (set goals) for a Zone, and then District, and then Companionship goals for baptism each and every month.  This is the pattern of Master Planners. This is the pattern of "Set Goals, Make Plans". 

By now you have participated in a mini Zone Meeting to discover this for yourselves and I trust you felt the same confirming spirit we felt in MLC.  I firmly believe if we'll follow this PMG pattern, be exactly obedient, and exercise faith unto good and diligent works then we will achieve a higher number of baptisms as a mission and on our way will achieve the Unit goals where we serve.

My witness to you is that leadership is such an important part of this mission experience.  I want to now point out your calling as leaders.  I feel the most important calling of leadership for a missionary is that of leading his/her area!  Hands down and without a doubt, this is the most important leadership assignment you will have.  This is where you must "Rise to Your Call", get on your knees, and then set goals (faith based and revelatory) and make plans (go and do).  I know as each of you lead your area in faith to accomplish these inspired goals, this great mission will "Journey to Higher Ground" and reach its full potential of Missionaries fulfilling their Missionary Purpose as measured by baptisms.  Everything we do must drive to this - fulfilling our missionary purpose.

We trust your mothers were blessed by your great spirit yesterday as you taught them.  We love and appreciate your families for their support and sacrifice for you and we love you dearly.

President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment