Tuesday, October 4, 2016

President's Weekly - A General Conference Pattern

A General Conference Pattern

Dear Elders and Sisters:

It was truly a spiritually uplifting weekend to sit at the feet of Apostles and Prophets and hear the "pleasing word of God".  From King Benjamin to now, the Lord has blessed His Saints with the marvelous blessing of conferences.  Even in King Benjamin's time they "caused that the words he spake should be written and sent forth....that [all] might receive his words."  Today the Prophets "cause" the same and even as early as this morning you can find General Conference talks on the internet.  In a few weeks you will receive your personal copy of the Ensign with these talks in order to have the "pleasing word of God" with you "always". 

I encourage you to set a General Conference pattern for your life.  I know there are talks that are really resonating with you spiritually from yesterday.  Talks that really "spoke" to you.  Talks that had messages and answers to questions you were asking.  All the words spoken, especially by the Twelve, are the voice of God.  Don't let them dim and fade away!  Study them!  Set a General Conference pattern to bless the rest of your life.  Plan now to review all the talks between now and the next General Conference and to do so multiple times and each and every week between now and then.  It's easy to be excited for the next few weeks or even months, but please sustain this focus on the word of God through His prophets each and every week!  There are 26 weeks between conferences.  In any General Conference there are at least 16 to 18 talks from the Prophets.  I try to study/review each one twice by tackling one to two each and every week between now and April. It really helps me get their instruction, revelation, and encouragement deeper into my heart. I also make sure I review each of the rest of the talks at least once.  And I try to do this each and every week so that it is a pattern for life that blesses each week of my life.  I encourage you to do the same.

We had a marvelous MLC on Friday and under inspiration set Zone Goals.  You Zone Leaders will communicate your Zone Goal to you, likely today.  The summation of all the Zone Goals is 70.  I know we can reach this during October and trust you can feel the same spirit as you read this.  Each baptism takes a bite out of the unit goals.  Each baptism takes a bite out of this Zone Goal.  In order to be a high baptizing mission, you have to have a lot of high baptizing missionaries who constantly live their purpose in great faith, diligence and exact obedience.  I know we have that kind of a mission so simply encourage you to get to work and give God reasons to bless you and send miracles as a result of your exact obedience.

With much love and gratitude for who you are and what you are doing!

President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment