Dear Elders and Sisters,
In 3 Nephi 26, just after the Prophet editor Mormon is
lamenting his inability to write everything that was recorded but offering his
reassurance he (and his son) abridged the records for the "intent" to
bless the Gentiles, appears this verse: 9. "And when they shall receive
this (the Book of Mormon), which is expedient they shall have first, to try
their faith, and if it shall so be that they shall believe these things then
shall the 'greater things be made manifest unto them.'" I have always wondered what the "greater
things" would be. Being a lover of
the Book of Mormon, in my pride I often think I am ready for these
"greater things". The more I
study Preach My Gospel coupled with my understanding of how it was written and
who wrote it, I believe it fits this category of "greater things [to] be
made manifest." I absolutely love
it and love each and every chapter in it.
As you have heard me reference "Complete Missionaries" much of
that reference is to our required knowledge of Preach My Gospel. And while I
believe this to be the base case missionary - absolutely familiar with and
versed in Preach My Gospel - I am so pleased with how great you are with Preach
My Gospel. I often hear reference to it
in casual conversation, I have witnessed on every teaching occasion
missionaries teaching with it and to it, and I have been blessed to enjoy
trainings where you have referenced it, trained from it, or referred to it for
scriptural passages. Well done, I say,
Well Done!!!
In 3 Nephi 27:25 it states; "Out of the books that
have been written, and which shall be written, shall this people be
judged..." Therefore, I believe we
will be held accountable and judged for what is in Preach My Gospel as one of
the "books...which shall be [has been] written". I hope and pray you continue to make Preach
My Gospel part of your everyday study.
Thank you for continuing to be great Preach My Gospel missionaries in
your effort to be Complete Missionaries.
Thank you for your goodness, your love and support, your faith and prayers,
and the inspired way in which you move the work of salvation forward.
I am looking forward to August as one of he great
baptizing months in the mission so far this year. I know we can do it with our Complete
Preparation and Exact Obedience as we assist the Lord in the Hastening of the
work and serve with No Regrets!
Remember, it is His work and must be done in a His way and that requires
inspired missionaries - which you are the best at being!
Love,
President Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment