Consider the Lilies
Dear Elders and Sisters:
The other day my wife was practicing for someone and
played one of my very favorite songs - Consider the Lilies. It has been in my head ever since and as I
considered what to write today, the spirit said: "I have been telling you
for days now. Write about how the Lord
will take care of those who love Him."
"Consider the lilies of the field, How they grow,
how they grow.
Consider the birds in the sky, how they fly, how they
fly.
He clothes the lilies of the field, He feeds the birds in
the sky,
And He will feed those who trust Him, and guide them with
His eye.
"Consider the sheep of His fold, how they follow
where He leads,
Tho' their paths may wind across the mountains, He knows
the meadows where they feed.
He clothes the lilies of the field, He feeds the birds in
the sky,
and He will feed those who trust Him, and guide them with
His eye.
"Consider the sweet, tender children who must suffer
on this earth.
The pains of all of them He carried from the day of His
birth.
He clothes the lilies of the field. He feeds the lambs in His fold.
and He will heal those who trust Him, and make their
hearts as gold.
He clothes the lilies of the field. He feeds the lambs of His fold,
and He will heal those who trust Him, and make their
hearts as gold."
I promise you "He will feed those who trust
Him" by sending you to them. I
promise He will "guide [you] with His eye."
I promise you "He knows the meadows where [His
sheep] feed" and He will lead you to them if "you are prepared."
I promise you "He will feed the Lambs of His fold,
He will heal those who trust Him, and He will make their hearts [and yours] as
gold." And I bear testimony He will
do this through you to the extent you will allow Him as a result of your Worthiness,
your Commitment, your Obedience, and Focus as you serve each day with No
Regrets! And I promise and bear
testimony as you focus on this you will be keeping pace with the Lord as He
hastens His work!
And, I promise you "He [has] carried [you] from the
day of His birth." And I know He
will make up the difference between what you have to offer and what you need to
offer. I know He will provide anything
that is needed that you lack of who you are and who you need to be (the
Enabling Power of the Atonement).
I love you and pray for you in earnest as we strive
towards the Strength of 1,000!
President Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment