Monday, March 30, 2015

PRESIDENT'S WEEKLY - In Sync with the Brethren

In Sync with the Brethren

Dear Elders and Sisters:

Doctrine and Covenants 88:73 teaches that the Lord will hasten His work in its time.  Clearly the Lord is hastening His work and we get to participate to the extent we choose to.  In 2 Nephi 27 He quite emphatically states that He can do His own work.  We simply must decide what He wants us to do and then seek to keep pace.

We have been blessed in this mission with a vision of what He wants.  It is based on what the Twelve Apostles have taught and are currently teaching in regards to the hastening of the work.  It is now augmented to include what Elder Ballard, one of the Twelve Apostles, has revealed we should be doing...or return to do. I am grateful for the prompt manner in which I have witnessed all of you embrace his instruction and know we will be greatly blessed as we incorporate all of the Lord's Inspired Vision for this mission into what we do each and every day.

Prior to our Mission Conference, Elders Ballard and Hallstrom met with and instructed all of the Stake Presidencies and Bishops in the Mission/Council.  For four hours we received wonderful instruction from these brethren and then for another hour as all of the Presidents had lunch with them we received additional instruction.  Then, as you may know, Sister Clark and I were blessed to host them for dinner in our home that evening.  While there was a lot to hear, I believe I had "ears to hear" and want to share a few additional things with you.

As further confirmation of the Inspired Vision and without any prompting from me whatsoever, Elder Ballard instructed the Stake Presidencies and Bishops to ensure that the Full-Time Missionaries are allowed to seek out and visit the LAs/PMs/PEs.  He then further and quite emphatically added, "please don't send them without the Members.  You will not do any good!  You must have the Members that know them get the Missionaries in to meet them and Teach them so faith will be increased and they will be prompted to change their lives.  This is how the Full-Time Missionaries will help you Rescue (see D&C 88:72) and how they will Find people to Teach."  He also mentioned that the effective way to correlate all of this would be in MCM and WC - no surprise since his ministry is defined by his great instruction on the value of Councils.
 
At a different point in the meeting, Elder Hallstrom was taking questions and the question was asked by a Bishop: "How can we better retain the people the Full-Time Missionaries are baptizing?"  Elder Hallstrom said: "I will have President Clark answer that question."  I went to the pulpit and discussed the merits of Member involvement in teaching, the Bishop meeting with them prior to baptism, the RC getting right to the temple with family names, and President Hinckley's great quote on what every new member needs.  Then Elder Hallstrom came to the pulpit and described how the wall between Members and Missionaries had been taken down and that we are to work closely together - Members with Missionaries - and to do it through out Councils. Music to my ears!

It was manifest to me by the Spirit in all of these meetings how "In Sync" our Inspired Vision is with the Brethren. I am so grateful for their wonderful instruction and teaching that is blessing this mission.  I promise you as you follow and do all of these things, this great Mission will be blessed with the righteous desires of our hearts - Missionaries fulfilling their Missionary Purpose...and Baptisms - 1,342 to be exact!

As I believe you are becoming accustomed to, last week was transfer week and so I was not able to answer your letters.  I did read them all and love and appreciate your sustaining love, support, and prayers.  Also, interviews are coming up and I am looking forward to sitting down with each of you. 

Remember, we serve because we love the Lord Jesus Christ and we are "Complete Missionaries" who are worthy, committed, obedient, and focused and we serve with No Regrets!   I love you deeply and want more than anything that you fulfill your purpose as a Missionary! It is the best thing you can do for the significant blessing it will be throughout the rest of your life. 


President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment