Open Your Mouth!
Dear Elders and Sisters:
It has been a wonderful
two weeks as I have sat in interviews with so many of you and Sister Clark has
been able to do trainings with you. This
week we get to be together in Specialized Training and then the week following
wrap up interviews. What a blessing it
is to be your Mission President and "Mission Mother". We truly love it. We continue to pinch ourselves that we have
been so blessed to be in this calling.
We continue to pray that we may be up to the call that a Prophet of God
issued to us. We think often of sitting
in counsel twice with Elder Andersen of the Twelve and then sitting across from
President Eyring and being called directly by a Prophet of God. It was easy to say yes. It was easy to "go and do" but some
days are hard and so we just remind ourselves that we said we would "go
and do what the Lord commanded" us to do.
The Lord has commanded us
directly through his Prophet/Apostle, Elder M. Russell Ballard for each
missionary to talk to ten people each day.
The first weeks of this I have seen quite an exuberance to do so but I
fear I am seeing a waning of this prophetic direction. He didn't put a qualifier on it as to how
long we should do this. He simply said
for each of you to talk to ten people each day.
How are you doing with this? Is
it still your priority? Do his words
still burn bright in your soul as to what he asked you to do? Do you still feel the confirming spirit that
testified of the need to do this now in our mission?
I know that as each of you
endeavor to talk to ten people each day you will Find more and bless your area
with more investigators. You will also
bless each other as you provide referrals to other areas in the mission. I know this will bless us and help to lift
this mission so I encourage you to continue to do so with exuberance,
commitment, and dedication.
We look forward to being
with you this week in Specialized Training and ask that you prepare by
reviewing the Eight Fundamentals and coming prepared with our Pamphlets.
We love you!
President Clark

No comments:
Post a Comment