Monday, June 15, 2015

PRESIDENT'S WEEKLY - AS FOR YEARS

As For Years

Dear Elders and Sisters:

In D&C 51:16, 17 the Lord gives us His perspective on what our attitude should be towards our areas: He states: "And I consecrate unto them this land for a little season, until I, the Lord, shall provide for them otherwise, and command them to go hence; And the hour and the day is not given unto them, wherefore let them act upon this land as for years, and this shall turn unto them for their good."

The Lord would have us work in each area assigned "as for years". He would have us truly "own our areas" and then when/if we are transferred He would have us do the same in our new area. In our last Zone Conference I asked you to discontinue setting transfer goals but rather to be setting area goals. This better aligns us with His will on the matter and as He promises, "this shall turn unto [us] for [our] good."

With this transfer the Lord has "provided otherwise, and commanded [us] to go hence" to our new areas and to "act upon [these areas] "as for years". Remember, the whole earth is the Lord's mission and he consecrates parts of it to each of us at times and "for little seasons" to do His work and labor as one of the laborers in His vineyard, His mission - the whole earth. I promise as we make this our attitude and our approach to the areas we are assigned to labor in, we will please the Lord and "this shall turn unto [us] for [our] good".

As you complete your labors in your current areas this week and then move to a new area, if assigned, please remember we are all about the Lord's work and one of the ways we have chosen to focus on accomplishing His will and keeping pace with Him in the hastening is through the Power of One. I know sufficient faith exists to work diligently and receive this blessing we seek from the Lord. "Don't give up on me now!" Don't let a transfer be disruptive to the work we are about! I know we can do this and am grateful to know it will require miracles because I know this mission knows how to call down miracles from heaven.

Sister Clark and I love you each dearly. We pray daily for your success, your companionship, your areas, and your investigators. We have great faith in each and every one of you as you work in exact obedience and all faith and diligence.

With much love and earnest prayer,
President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment