Focused Impressions
from our Fast
Dear Elders and Sisters:
I want to offer my sincere appreciation to those of you
who shared your impressions and thoughts from your fast. What you shared with me was very edifying and
strengthening and testament of how the Lord is impressing upon us and teaching
us the same things - those things that will help us to better participate with
Him in the hastening of His work. So
many of you shared things that were very quotable and I share the following
with you as representative of your many wonderful thoughts and impressions.
"I am working so hard to stay focused. I was doing
tons better at the end of last transfer and then the transfer came. I am
praying every day that I may be able to just focus. I am doing my best. I know
we can baptize we are seeing many miracles. I need to just give my all. And I
am working hard at doing that. I am starting to realize to a greater extent at
how non important the worldly things are. Even though my family is doing
awesome and a lot of crazy things are going well for my family. I am really understanding at a newer height
that those things don't mean Jack. All I get excited for is the next little
while so I can serve 'as for years'".
"So I fasted, and something that I really fasted for
was strength to keep my thoughts in line with that of an exactly obedient
missionary. That was something that's been a struggle for me throughout my
whole entire mission, and lately it was really hard. So I just felt and feel
that's one of my weapons of rebellion that I need to bury. And I'm definitely
working on that. And the thought came to me this morning that this weapon of
rebellion could be keeping me from Heavenly Father blessing me with those souls
who He has prepared. So that being true, how could I keep any part of this
weapon of rebellion? I must let it go!"
"In my fast I was reminded just how important this
work is, how special it is to work with the Members, and how little time I
actually have to serve the Lord. I have
re-dedicated myself to what it is I have been called to do - serve the Lord
Jesus Christ and prove my love to Him."
"Thanks for having the entire Mission fast,
President. It felt like an opportunity
to re-unite with the Members and our Purpose.
I felt what you wrote about was true and know that if we do those things
we'll be blessed. I know it is on us to
do our part and the Lord will bless us.
As you say, worry about the things we can control."
And lastly I want to share a very touching experience
that illustrates how inextricably linked the Lord has the Members and the
Missionaries in His work. One of our
great Stake Presidents read my letter last week and called to share how touched
he was to discover that at a time the Missionaries felt inspired to fast for
the Members, he had been inspired to fast for the Missionaries. What a great
testament of how the Lord is in charge and is inspiring us all to work together
as He hastens His work.
Well, what a great day, week, month and year to be a
Missionary in the California Fresno Mission.
Sister Clark and I continue to feel so honored and blessed to be here
serving with you now. We love you dearly
and seek the Lord's choicest blessings to be poured out upon your heads as you
continue to live your Missionary Purpose and serve with No Regrets!
With much love and continued earnest prayer,
President
Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment