Monday, August 29, 2016

President's Weekly - They Love you! They Love This Work!

They Love You!  They Love This Work!

Dear Elders and Sisters:

"Teach them to be dignified!  Teach them to rise up to the sacred level of their calling at all times, in all things and in all places.  Help them understand that someone is always watching them and they should think twice before they do something they might have done often in High School or before their mission.  They are ambassadors of the Lord now and must uphold this high and holy calling!  Everything they do either adds to or detracts from their calling as the Savior's representatives.  Help them to be dignified."

As I finished a Stake Correlation meeting yesterday I asked the Stake President what we could do better.  The above was what he said (perhaps not word for word but the essence is quoted here).  He was not correcting us as much as encouraging us.  He was not pointing to any instance in particular but just desirous that we avoid an instance.  He was simply encouraging us to Rise Up, to become more like the Savior in word, in thought, and deed!  As I drove away I was overcome by his great love for you.  He only wants you to be successful.

Later in the evening I was blessed to be with one of our stakes for their General Priesthood Meeting.  I witnessed a great Stake President there, having prepared much and in an inspired way, seek to help young men prepare and be prepared to serve missions.  It was so deeply touching to witness the desire he has that these young men grow up and mature in the priesthood, make good decisions as to what they participate and don't participate in, who their friends are and aren't, and how they should strive to be clean, pure and worthy in preparation to serve a Mission when they are 18 or 19.  Again, it was such a manifestation of a Key Holder's love for those he has been called to serve and how he loves the Work of Salvation.

I love our Stake Presidents.  It is an honor to serve with them.  I have such a testimony they are called and chosen to lead this great work and that among the many keys that they hold, they hold the keys of the Work of Salvation for their Stakes.  And so I sit in counsel with them often and am always uplifted and edified as I do.  Our meetings are often revelatory and always spiritually uplifting as we strive to move the work forward.  I know they love the Missionaries (you) and are working very diligently to bless your lives and the experience you are having.  I also know this is true for all of our good Bishops and Branch Presidents who likewise hold the keys of the Work of Salvation in their respective Wards and Branches. 

I am grateful, and I hope you are as well, for our Stake Presidents' examples of love towards those whom they have been called to serve and towards each of you who are serving as full time missionaries.  They truly serve in a Christ-like manner with their love of Him central to all they say and do.  They are such a blessing to so many and it is clear to me how they desire to bless each of you.

With great love and appreciation to them and to you,

President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment