Monday, January 23, 2017

President's Weekly - The Power is in you!

The Power is in You!

Dear Elders and Sisters:

Sister Clark and I truly enjoyed our Companion Studies, Role Plays, and Pamphlet Training with you this week and trust you are greatly motivated to invest more deeply in studying and discovering the doctrine in the scriptures, using the words of the scriptures more to help Investigators discover the doctrine, and keeping them in the scriptures by "dragging the words and phrases along with you".  I also enjoyed our "walk about" interviews and am always edified by your greatness, the wonderful gifts, skills, and abilities you possess, and your deep commitment to serving the Master, Jesus Christ.

I feel guided to impress upon you an important teaching from modern day revelation.  I believe it is the basis to the Introduction of the MHB.  It comes from Doctrine & Covenants 58:26-28: "26 - For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward. 27 - Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness; 28 - For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward."

One of the great blessings of serving a Mission under PMG standards is that the Lord and the Brethren would have you learn how to be agents unto yourselves.  Doing so will be the key to your success as a Missionary and in life!  In these scriptures, I note the command to be "anxiously engaged", "DO many things of our own free will", and "bring to pass much righteousness" ("Accomplish").  And then the Lord reminds us something of our divinity - "For the power is in them [us], wherein [we] are agents unto [ourselves]."

If you consider what we studied, prepared, practiced and role played last week, I think you'll arrive at a conclusion that you can be more "anxiously engaged", better "Do things of your own free will", and then will be able to "bring to pass [more] righteousness".  I've given you a model to "Teach Repentance" in-order-to "Baptize Converts."  What will be the model you discover to better teach the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Plan of Salvation (Sister Clark has provided you a most excellent start with both of these), and the Gospel of Jesus Christ?  What will you "Do" to be more "Anxiously Engaged" in-order-to "Accomplish" more righteousness?  Elders and Sisters, I promise "The Power is in You to more fully Rise to Your Call!"

It is an important week as we will be blessed to have Russell M. Nelson, President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles gather us for a Mission Conference.  This will occur on Saturday at the Fresno West Stake Center and will begin at 9:00 am.  Please be in your seats no later than 8:30 studying. This is only for full-time Missionaries.  [No guests, please!  They will not be permitted to attend.]  Also in attendance and speaking to us will be Sister Wendy Nelson, Elder Carl B. Cook of the Seventy and his wife, Lynette, and Elder J. Scott Dorius of the Seventy and his wife, Rebecca.

Also, we will be blessed this week to participate in a Worldwide Missionary Broadcast on Wednesday, the 25th beginning at 9:00 am.  Please be in your seats no later than 8:30 studying and preparing to receive.  For the three southern Zones (Hanford, Visalia, and Porterville), please meet at the Visalia Stake Center.  For all other Zones, please meet at the Fresno North Stake Center at 8:30.  Immediately following the broadcast, Sister Clark and I will provide some additional training which will be broadcast from the Fresno North Stake Center to the Visalia Stake Center where the Assistants will conduct and President Mann will preside.

It's a busy week.  Please make sure to make it a productive week as well by being "anxiously engaged, doing many things of your own free will, and bringing to pass much righteousness!" Remember, "The Power is in You!"

With much love and great appreciation!

President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment