Monday, January 30, 2017

President's Weekly - Whether By Mine Own Voice

Whether By Mine Own Voice

Dear Elders and Sisters;

I'm just not sure life could be any better in the California Fresno Mission! A visit from the President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles; To be taught by three more of the Twelve Apostles and other Members of the Missionary Executive Committee; To be taught by Sister Wendy Nelson, Elder Carl B. Cook and J. Scott Dorius of the Seventy and their wives; To enjoy one of the highest baptizing weekends and months in the CFM in quite a while; It was truly a Pinnacle Week in the CFM to be sure!!!

And weren't you so highly complimented to have President Nelson and Sister Nelson comment on your obedience. While they observed something of it in the way you conducted yourself for the picture and privilege to shake their hands, they made mention of it again in our home. The Cooks, having presided over a mission themselves (New Zealand), observed and mentioned it as well. All of them said that it wasn't only something they observed but something they felt. Sister Nelson referred to it when she shared her observation of your "high wattage" of the Spirit - always the blessing of obedience.

As I pondered all of this early this morning, a sweet peace came over me and the spirit directed me to D&C 1:38; "Whether by mine own voice or the voice of my servants, it is the same." Jesus Christ Himself observed those things in you and communicated them to/through His Prophet, Seer, and Revelator, and to those of his company as well. And in an overwhelming stamp of approval, His Prophet stands at a pulpit in the CFM and states; "I can feel you're an obedient Mission and desire to serve the Lord."

What a compliment to be paid to you by the Savior Himself through His anointed servant! Doesn't it just make you want to be better! To serve even more obediently, more exactly obedient! Doesn't it give you an overwhelming sense of how His watchful eye is upon you! Of how aware He is of you! Of how much He loves and cares for you! Doesn't it just confirm that "He knows your works"! After all, you are working at His side in this part of His vineyard!

And as I considered what was taught in the Worldwide Broadcast I was so "well pleased" with you and how you are endeavoring to "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts" in this mission. In my studies Thursday morning I went back and reviewed the full talks and instruction from last year's Worldwide Broadcast and was so edified by how well this mission has incorporated those teachings, especially on Faith from Elder Anderson and Teaching Repentance from Elder Oaks. I compliment you and firmly believe that if you'll truly learn and assimilate the teachings from each of these Broadcasts into how you live your Missionary Purpose, this Mission will simply be "On Fire".

And as you might guess, I am absolutely on board with you becoming "Agents unto Yourselves"! What an historic time to be a missionary. The Lord, through His servants the Prophets, has told you He trusts you and wants you to simply "learn correct principles and govern yourselves". Now doesn't that just make you want to "Rise to Your Call" in a manner never-before seen and experienced! Again, Jesus Christ has spoken about as directly to you as He ever has - through His servants and said: "I trust you! I've taught you, now Choose The Right! I trust you!"

And we trust you! We join with Him and His Apostles and Prophets in observing and complimenting your obedience, your faith, your diligence and send you forth with our love and approval to govern yourselves well and live up to the Lord's high opinion and esteem of you.

Thank you for sharing and teaching me from your "Experiment Upon the Word" experiences and observations. It has been truly uplifting and edifying! Save your pots and dirt! We'll want to do this again (in warmer weather)! And please share with me at least one thing the Holy Ghost taught you on Wednesday and/or Saturday. Can't wait to hear!!!

We bid our Missionaries returning home a fond farewell and thank you for your example of service and devotion to the Lord! "Well done, good and faithful servants!" You've truly served with No Regrets!

Sister Clark and I will forever cherish and joy in this great week and in every week we serve with you.

Love,
President Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment