“Come
Unto Christ…that ye can in nowise Deny the Power of God”
Dear Elders and Sisters,
It has been such a pleasure and joy to sit with you in interviews. I feel of each of your wonderful spirits and am always blessed by your goodness, faith, and diligence in the Work of Salvation. For those of you whom I haven't interviewed, we will be together the week of the 22nd and I look forward to being with you then.
As I sought guidance as to what to write this day, my mind was taken back to a challenge I issued a missionary in regards to the Book of Mormon. The spirit said: "His challenge is their challenge. Issue it to all". So here it is:
Please read the Book of Mormon with two goals or objectives:
First. Study the Book of Mormon for the theme or its teachings on the Atonement and how we are redeemed by a Savior and Redeemer. You may wish to obtain a separate, new Book of Mormon and highlight and cross-reference it throughout with notes and comments or you may wish to do this (perhaps again or anew) in your main scriptures. Seek to discover the great Doctrine of Salvation and better know and feel His sacrifice for you. I promise you it will change your life forever and build and increase your testimony as you teach and testify of that sacred Book.
Second. Put a time line on when you will finish. Make it near term so you will be pushed. The goal is not to simply read it fast (I am not trying to create a race or a competition) but with a timeline you will find the intensity of your reading will enhance your study of the topic. It will literally put you into "hunger and thirst" mode. You will find your self squeezing extra time out of your day to read and study, being more efficient and productive with your time so you can read and study, and pondering more often through the day the things you read and how they teach, instruct, and point to Christ as your Savior and Redeemer. I promise that this intensity will bless your life. I suggest one of three timelines: December 31st, January 31st, or February 28th.
If you don't want to start over reading the Book of Mormon, simply start from where you are now and in your chosen time frame get back to where you began. I just ask that you read the entire Book of Mormon during one of the time frames and be diligent in your study of the Atonement of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
May the Lord bless this great mission with the righteous desires of the hearts of the missionaries - achieving the Strength of 1,000 and Coming unto the Savior by discovering and abiding by the teachings of Him in the Book of Mormon. I ask that you include in all your prayers the Strength of 1,000 and help and encourage one another in the reading of the Book of Mormon.
We are looking forward to Zone Conferences this week and ask you to prepare as outlined by your leaders. You will receive great inspirations if you come prepared.
Love,
President Clark
It has been such a pleasure and joy to sit with you in interviews. I feel of each of your wonderful spirits and am always blessed by your goodness, faith, and diligence in the Work of Salvation. For those of you whom I haven't interviewed, we will be together the week of the 22nd and I look forward to being with you then.
As I sought guidance as to what to write this day, my mind was taken back to a challenge I issued a missionary in regards to the Book of Mormon. The spirit said: "His challenge is their challenge. Issue it to all". So here it is:
Please read the Book of Mormon with two goals or objectives:
First. Study the Book of Mormon for the theme or its teachings on the Atonement and how we are redeemed by a Savior and Redeemer. You may wish to obtain a separate, new Book of Mormon and highlight and cross-reference it throughout with notes and comments or you may wish to do this (perhaps again or anew) in your main scriptures. Seek to discover the great Doctrine of Salvation and better know and feel His sacrifice for you. I promise you it will change your life forever and build and increase your testimony as you teach and testify of that sacred Book.
Second. Put a time line on when you will finish. Make it near term so you will be pushed. The goal is not to simply read it fast (I am not trying to create a race or a competition) but with a timeline you will find the intensity of your reading will enhance your study of the topic. It will literally put you into "hunger and thirst" mode. You will find your self squeezing extra time out of your day to read and study, being more efficient and productive with your time so you can read and study, and pondering more often through the day the things you read and how they teach, instruct, and point to Christ as your Savior and Redeemer. I promise that this intensity will bless your life. I suggest one of three timelines: December 31st, January 31st, or February 28th.
If you don't want to start over reading the Book of Mormon, simply start from where you are now and in your chosen time frame get back to where you began. I just ask that you read the entire Book of Mormon during one of the time frames and be diligent in your study of the Atonement of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
May the Lord bless this great mission with the righteous desires of the hearts of the missionaries - achieving the Strength of 1,000 and Coming unto the Savior by discovering and abiding by the teachings of Him in the Book of Mormon. I ask that you include in all your prayers the Strength of 1,000 and help and encourage one another in the reading of the Book of Mormon.
We are looking forward to Zone Conferences this week and ask you to prepare as outlined by your leaders. You will receive great inspirations if you come prepared.
Love,
President Clark
No comments:
Post a Comment