Friday, July 18, 2014

First Mission Leadership Council

Our first Mission Leadership Council Training was smack dab in the middle of our "Meet the Missionaries Tour".  We met at the Mission office from 8:30 a.m. to around 2:30 p.m.  It was a wonderful experience with the Spirit.  We didn't have much time to prepare so we had to rely on the Spirit to teach.


President Clark:  "I felt very prompted to have Bonnie teach obedience at the MLC.  I started by asking her to give her farewell talk - which she was hesitant to do. I continued to feel prompted that she needed to speak on obedience.  She may not have been enthused but she was obedient.  When she taught/presented at the MLC, it was over the top awesome.  Her subject matter was impressive and her way of presentation blew the missionaries away.  I had so many comments of, not only  how impressed they were with her and her abilities, but how much they felt the  spirit communicating  and teaching.  They absolutely love and adore her.  She is giving them so much that is good."










 Very nice words from the President ----  I did have a great time teaching.  I started with an object lesson - which I have posted.  Then taught on my most favorite topic - Exact Obedience.  I referenced 1 Chronicles 13:7-10 - the people were commanded not to touch the ark, the symbol of the covenant.  But when the oxen stumbled and the ark appeared to be falling, Uzza stretched forth his hand to steady it and was immediately killed by the Lord.  Uzza seemed justified (great opening to talk about justification).  President David O. McKay stated, this incident conveys a lesson of life obedience - full obedience.  

Anyone want a lesson on Obedience, I'm your woman! -just ask my kids!

President:  "I was prompted to recall and review a teaching in the MTC that I will call the Complete Missionary by Elder Maynes and Elder Switzer.  When I reviewed it I was reminded that when they taught it I had an "aha" moment that said: "Teach this in the Mission Field and use this object lesson to demonstrate."  I knew i needed to teach it and demonstrate as outlined by the spirit.  It went extremely well and I have heard that some zones are even teaching it before transfers because they feel it is so important to share and teach.  When I was teaching it I realized it would become part of our culture - "Be a Complete Missionary that Serves with NO REGRETS"














Mission Leadership Council

No comments:

Post a Comment