Our outgoing missionaries came into the mission home for their final transfer home. We went to the Temple together and were blessed by their spiritual maturity. As they came through the veil we greeted them participating in our own little slice of Celestial Joy. Even though we have only been with them two weeks, we love them as though we've been together for their entire mission. We gathered in the Celestial Room for a little counsel and sweet were the words the Spirit dictated as well as kind and interested were the missionaries in the counsel provided.
We gathered at the Mission Home for a lovely lunch prepared by Sister George after our Temple Session.
President Clark and I gave them counsel that was fitting and appropriate for all of them.
President Clark: "Sister Clark taught "Good, Better, Best" and encouraged them to always strive for Best! They hung on her every word. They love her so much. I gave them counsel as to what they should do to ensure they never fall away - Pray, Study the Scriptures, participate in FHE, and pay a Full Tithe. We shared the great value and blessing we've enjoyed of marrying sooner rather than later and encourage them to avoid, not resist, sin and temptation - build islands of safety and safety nets to ensure they stay true to each and every covenant they have made and for the next, best one they will make - New and Everlasting Covenant.
I was blessed to know their hearts in separate interviews and through the spirit give each one individual counsel that felt "spot on". Tears were shed and love was increased as we enjoyed the blessings of the spirit in counsel - true learning in the Lord's way.
We took our departing missionaries to the airport and bid them farewell. As each left us we were touched by home much love existed between us after such a short period of time together.
Final tidbits of counsel and sweet encouragement was provided by the spirit to each departing missionary to bless their and our lives.
As I sat and realized the hole in my heart as a result of their departure was so much larger than I had imagined it would be. Just as I was about to enter maximum despair as a result of my loss, I recognized the new missionaries were about to come down the concourse. My cup was again full, my heart complete."
As we sat in the airport having just sent our missionaries on, we felt so empty. But, we looked up and recognized the new missionaries coming down the concourse. Our hearts were again filled with joy. Joy replaced the sorrow that we felt. An amazing process!




No comments:
Post a Comment