You might have noticed that I am new to "blogging". So forgive me for not being as organized in my thoughts and postings as I should be --- I will improve!
Being set apart by Elder Hales was such a reverent experience. Too much too share but we feel prompted to share this: 1. In the setting apart, Elder Hales first set me (Jeff) apart as a missionary. As he did I felt such an excitement to be a missionary again because I loved being a missionary. Then he set me apart as a mission president and I thought, "Oh, I hope that doesn't get in the way of me being a great missionary." He also blessed me that my letters home would have a wonderful affect on my family - a blessing I will seek to live up to for the next three years. 2. Elder Maynes set me (Bonnie) apart and blessed me with peace in regards to our family. What was tender to me is that as I was being set apart, I was praying that He would bless me with peace - and at the exact moment, Elder Maynes blessed me with that exact thing. How did he know? I felt so loved by the Lord.
We see the hand of the Lord guiding blessing, watching over, and protecting this family while we serve. We show this picture in our "Get to Know the New President" video and it always touches me as a celestial moment here on earth.
 |
David Clark, Kelly & Jeff Stephens, Rob & Marilyn Clark, Ted & Jan Campbell, Sister and President Clark,
Ruth Clark, Julia & Adam Clark, Kristen Clark on the stairs of the Church Office Building right after the setting apart
**********************
|
Dinner at the New Yorker after our setting apart. We saw the Hand of the Lord as we gathered and shared our thoughts and feelings about the blessings pronounced at the setting apart. A spiritual gathering of a family who are all great, eternal friends.
 |
Family Dinner at the New Yorker. Yummmmmm
********************** |
We knew we were going to be in "good company". It wasn't an egotistical moment. Rather, a very reverent, moment that made us aware of the special experience we were about to have.
This was the first thing we saw as we entered the MTC! Our hearts stopped!
 |
******************** |
Our first day in the MTC my daughter Kristen told me to find her good friend's parents who were also going to be training with us. Kristen and Kim had a lot of fun and were a great deal of help to their dear old mothers as we stressed out about what clothing to bring, shoes to wear, etc. Kim was in California with her mom and Kristen was in Utah with me. Looks like they did to good of a job! (This was not planned!)
Sister Blatter & Sister Clark
Sister Blatter is serving in the Washington Tacoma Mission
********************
 |
President and Sister Clark with Elder L. Tom Perry and his wife
In our very last meeting, President and I were sitting on about the 5th row from the front. When the closing song began, (God Be With You Till We Meet Again) I began to cry. I couldn't stop and soon I thought I was going to have to excuse myself, I was loosing control! After the meeting we ate dinner with Elder Perry, his wife, Elder Cook and his wife as well as Elder Maynes with his wife and the other mission Presidents and their wives who were going to be serving in the North America West areas. As we entered the room Elder Perry was their to greet us. When he shook my hand he looked at me and commented about the meeting and how I was crying during the closing song. I was embarrassed and started to apologize. He said not to worry about it, that his wife cries at Tom and Jerry cartoons. They were both so sweet.
The spirit at the MTC was absolutely amazing. Walking, talking, eating, sharing with the apostles and other general authorities all day long for 5 days was incredible. We can't even begin to describe it! We will NEVER forget!!! |
 |
President Clark, Sister Clark, Sister Cook, Elder Quentin L. Cook
|
No comments:
Post a Comment